Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Discharge, Part 03...

The last post in the series...

So after being discharged, I ended up at my parents place and have had to live/sleep on the first floor because in the early part of my recovery process I was unable to climb/go upstairs just then.

So had a flurry of visitors post-discharge; relatives bringing food, friends hanging out, friends bringing food, toys and hanging out and seeing/talking to people I haven't talked to in ages.

This downtime is good. The only downside was a visit from my manager who brought me an awesome card and gift (here) from himself and my coworkers, I'm assuming. But my being out on leave, has set me back as far as my career and the position I was moved into is now no longer open until April as the headcount had been filled. Muy triste! Oh well...gives me time to further prove myself and get the clout I need. Maybe I should build that SQL site I had mentioned before my medical leave to impress some heads. We'll see.

Oh and also to mention my ER scare because the residents at the hospital who discharged me didn't represcribe the right medication upon my leave so for 4 days I was without my medication for my hypertension...which was bad! But went to the ER and got that in check that day and the next few days...luckily! And now my blood pressure is back to normal...

So this ends the trilogy of posts about my operation...not sure how much more I can flesh it out w/o getting boring...next few posts should be musings about the lucid dreams I had on morphine, delotin and vicodin while in the hospital; and possibly a few other topics that I've been wanting to blog about for a while now...and now that I have time...I definitely will take advantage of the situation! :D Take care for now my readers!

fI

P.S. Props to several people: Matt at Debriefing The Boys for the new link (!); Drew of Superdrewby.com for being the sweetest guy EVER (mostly lucky for Lee!); Paul of YarravillePaul for the concerns; Tim from I Think I Might Be Gay, DB from A Procrastinating Wolverine and JP from Overnight in New York for consistently posting on their blogs so I had some personal amusement and glee in reading about their current events; Bobby of Bobby's Body for checking in with me about how things were; and El Senor Jesse my lovely friend for being so concerned about me when he hadn't heard from me in a while since my surgery (oh and congrats on the good news as of late). If I forgot you...sorry! Hope you are all well regardless if I gave you a shout out here or not! ;)

P.P.S. And to the "anonymous" Devil's Advocate...email/IM me...I'm curious who you are and what insights you can provide...you intrigue me! :)

1 comment:

DB said...

I didn't see this post before I emailed, so I'm glad to see the story has ended well. BTW, I'm guessing from the gift from your boss that you're a comic book fan. What is it about us gay boys and comic books? Hmmm, maybe I need to write a post on that.

Well, I can't wait to hear about the drug-induced dreams. NyQuil always gives me strange dreams so I can't imagine what morphine, delotin, and vidocin do.