Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hiatus...

So to my few (is that right?) loyal readers, I am unfortunately going to have to put my blog on a hiatus for the time being.

I have been diagnosed for my constant, persistent headaches as of Thursday, December 8, 2006.

I have a localised (does that mean benign?) brain tumor at my skull base which is causing mass pressure on my brain and on my brain stem/spinal column, hence the persistent headache.

Was also told I had it for a while now as it is about 3-4 CM (the size of a golfball in one area), but it is only within the time frame of the last two weeks that it has grown to a considerable amount, enough for it to cause me pain.

Yesterday was definitely a taxing evening having to have gotten the news in the morning, reacting, getting copies of my MRI to take to the ER, getting to the ER, then get poked, proded and crashing (the other kind and not the overnight kind, thankfully!) at the ER.

So yah, this is to let you all know that I haven't disappeared and promise that I'll be back better than ever. Hopefully sooner than later, as I'm not really purportedly scheduled until early January to have anything done. So here goes...*click*

fI

P.S. In the mean time, support the blogs of my friends to the right...they're just as or even more awesome than I am. If I was awesome at all to you, that is...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only just found your blog. This is very sad news.

I hope all goes well with the treatments, and that we see you back here soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Thanks for all the comments. Sorry to hear about tumor, that is crazy. I hope everything goes well with taking care of it and you have a speedy recovery. Good Luck.

-Tim

Matt said...

yikes! good luck with that. i hope they get it out and everything is fine.

Anonymous said...

Hey.
I only just got a chance to catch up on your blog.
Hope you are going ok and I know that everything will go fine!
Carbi and Aramis send licks and hugs!
Liz