Sunday, March 18, 2007

The horrible turned awesome weekend (and week)!

I know I've been really horrible about blogging lately and well, I don't want to blog about things that happen immediately but I wanna relish in the events that have transpired instead. Gives me time to mull it all over and feel good about the events!

So the other week, as I mentioned an awesome blog reader/friend and his family had come to visit. To be respectful to him and his family, the names of the innocent have been altered (to only their initials, so I hope he doesn't incriminate himself...heh)! ;)

M and I have been in discussion for a while about his family's vacation and by mid-February or so, he and the family had finally decided to make it out to California. And with that, I was definitely excited for them to come out to California (he knew too, cause I just wouldn't shut up about it for the longest time! haha...sorry M! :D). We talked on and off here and there about all the details but nothing really set in stone at the time.

Fast forward to last Saturday (how's that work since it's the past?! heh). I had originally had my day all planned out: Spa for a massage at 2pm and then meet up with M and his family in the evening if they were up to it. But it was just tempting the fates at that point (especially since M's flight was questionable if it were going to leave the tarmac in Chicago for their connecting flight over to California). I attempt to take a shower before my massage (I know this sounds weird, no?) but I was taken aback as my tub was filled with some unknown caked up filth. It had smelled up the bathroom but I figured it was coming from somewhere outside as the bathroom window was open. So to keep this memory that I wish to have stricken from my mind: Call apartment manager; find out he's a real douche bag; cancel massage and reschedule for Sunday; on-call maintainence comes to check the tub; on-call says he can't handle it; call apartment manager again; he continues to be a major douche bag; wait a little over 2 hours for the plumbers to show (manager originally called my case an "emergency" because I couldn't use my shower...2 hours to get a plumber out?! Emergency my ass!!!). So by the time this is all said and done (M and I had convos about meeting up at City Walk) they had tired of City Walk and from traveling, in general.

Come Sunday, M and family had finished up Universal Studios in a day so we planned to meet up and I would take them sight seeing and dinner. Picked them up and took them around Hollywood and Highland to see the managerie that we call Hollywood Blvd. Toured them around the area and took them to an awesome Thai restaurant, Palms Thai, known for their Thai Elvis (which we luckily got to catch him in the act, for at least 2 or 3 songs until he resigned and we got moved away from near the stage). After the scrumptious meal, I continued to tour them around the area to Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Sunset Strip and all the places in between (also managed to point out the comedy club at which I was majorly traumatized; see post here). Took M and his family back to their hotel. It was great meeting M and J (his partner) and their son T and T's girlfriend A (oh...just saw a bad joke right there...you can figure it out if you like...)! Fun times, fondant and cream puffs (with no refridgeration...hehehe)!!!

Throughout the week, we kept in contact trying to plan for either another meet up on Thursday or Friday. But I was a bit hastey, in the sense that M was unusually good about keeping a consistent line of communication. In this case, I had texted M to check up on them and in my paranoia (I worry about my friends...what can I say...and them driving around LA or LA not being the safest place in general) I had been truly worried about them. But M put my fears to rest...I was definitely embarassed by my overtly concernedness (is that even a word?!). I meant well! :T

M and I had ironed out plans eventually for Friday. Left (read: ditched) work early and headed down to LAX to meet up with M and J for some dinner (and some great conversation...more on this in a bit). (Aside: I had mentioned to M that when I was hanging out with him and J, I had felt normal for once while around them...which is great and I have to thank them again profusely for it!) We also grabbed some dessert at The Cheesecake Factory over in Marina Del Rey. Definitely some scrumptious desserts (they had a new cheesecake flavor, Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake...To die for!!!) and unfortunately, some ditzy, cooky lady nearly (nearly!!!) ruined the evening as her car precariously drifted down the hill towards my car. Thank lord for horns on cars! :D After desserts, took M and J back to their hotel as they had an early flight and gave them hugs (definitely love getting hugged! :D) and drove home.

So...of the two opportunities I had to hang out with a dear blog reader/friend, I definitely enjoyed myself and I hope they did as well (they said they did! :D)! Uncannily enough, I miss M and J already even though they've only gone for a few days. But call me a sentimental fool...I get attached easy, but when you're as amazing as M and J are, it's hard not to miss them! :T But here's to some amazing friendship I will continue to have with M and J. I love you both! :D

fI

P.S. M is going to read this and snicker/grin at me...I know it! ;) Thanks again for everything M...it all means more to me than I'm really letting on or am telling you... And apologies for being verbose...detailed (to a point) for posterity! Next up...Wizard World LA 2007, Part 01 and 02!!!

No comments: