Wednesday, April 11, 2007

San Francisco, There I Went...

First off, I didn't really go to San Francisco, per se. I drove through it but was dead asleep...I'll explain that later...

So last Thursday evening, I flew out to San Jose Airport for a 4 night, 3 day weekend.

I arrived at the airport in due time, in which the flight didn't serve drinks due to some rough turbulence. And as the stewardess said, "We'd rather serve you drinks than wear them." Hah! :D

One of my best friends from high school, THTJ (from now on we use the acronyms of everyone's full name) had picked me up with her now fiancee. We headead out from the airport and grabbed some dinner over in Downtown Mountain View on Castro Street (not the one in SF). After dinner we headed out to get some boba aka tapioca drinks at Verde Tea Cafe where my other best friend from high school, CYG and her boyfriend joined us. It was good times just chatting, laughing and hanging out for a good hour and a half. We called it a night by 11PM or so as CYG and BF had work the day after, whilst myself, THTJ and Fiancee did not. :)


Woke up to THTJ cooking up some breakfast of mango juice, scrambled eggs and bacon in a crossaint. Good eats as always at her new condo! :D We then proceeded to hit up the Chabot Space and Science Museum over in the outskirts of Oakland. It was a whirlwind visit as THTJ and fiancee are scouting for places to have their wedding ceremony for next year. There were WAAAAY too many kids there...horrible!!! >_<


We then headed out to the Berkeley Art Musuem which was an interesting museum. It's open and a concrete jungle, with the rooms sectioned off by stairs. You have to see it to understand. There was one room in particular, the Asian section of the museum was amazing, as it had beech colored wood walls, and rice paper accents, with walls scrolls drapped on the walls. Would have been a great ceremony spot but it definitely couldn't accomodate 100 attendees.


We also checked out the Faculty Club's glade at Cal, but THTJ wanted a different part of the field which was complicated in itself. On the way to the Faculty Club, we walked by Capenelli Tower which was shown in the movie A Peaceful Warrior.

Also gotta mention the new kicks I picked up at Urban Outfitters during our post lunch stroll! I was perusing the sale section, when I was came upon a box of shoes in my size...Vans to be exact with dark grey wool fabric and velcro straps...I've been looking for something like these forever! Oh noes! Price tag said $49.99 marked down from $85.00...still a bit steep! >_< I clung onto the box debating on buying the pair of shoes, when the salesperson fished me as I trekked around the store with THTJ and fiancee. She rang them up and said $32.61!!! I was elated and am now the proud owner of these shoes! I'm a shoe-a-phile, what can I say! :D


Anyways, back to my weekend. That evening we had a free dinner at an undisclosed location where I proceeded to take some hilarioius pictures of me in front of the location's logo with me crushing a tschotchke from my current job (long story short, it was me fulfilling a joke by my coworkers, which they thoroughly enjoyed!). Also reenacted the painting of Hiro versus the T-Rex...I may have just said too much of where I was. If you figure it out...good for you! ;)

Saturday rolls around and I lazily woke up as THTJ and fiancee head out for their weekend errands. I eventually get ready and get picked up by CYG and BF to head out to Sonoma Chicken Coop to meet up with DLP and CAAJ. So I find out as we are waiting for DLP and CAAJ at the restaurant, that DLP and CAAJ left later expecting me to be late! Bitches! :p So we enjoy a lazy lunch of chatting and trying to figure out what to do. CYG and BF leave me with DLP and CAAJ to hang out and we end up going to The Tech museum in Downtown San Jose. Good times at the museum!!! We then had an afternoon snack at Tea Station in Milipitas and then proceeded to drive around Berkeley trying to find our dinner location, Tanjias (a Moroccan restaurant).


Dinner was an awesome time had with some red wine (CAAJ kept trying to make me drink my wine, which I didn't really like to be honest), lots of food, rose water, eggplant mash with bread and some belly dancing. The dancer was NOT hot. She definitely could NOT turn me straight! There's a photo of myself in which I am trying to insert a dollar into her waist strap but man...I was weirded out by it! >_<

If I wasn't tired already, Sunday we got up early for some Dim Sum (a Chinese brunch of sorts, kinda like Spanish tapas, if that makes sense to some of you). We had planned on going into the City (aka SF) but it was far and would have taken us too much time to get to. So after lunch we trekked around for some dessert in the ajoining shopping center over at McCarthy Ranch, where a college buddy of mine, KK, swung by to say hi and I snapped a pic. His visit consisted of a mere 10 minutes as he had to drive his new woman back to San Jose for work. He is now a flat foot for Contra Costa, so do not speed through that area! You have been warned! :P We then headed back to the undisclosed location to play some pool for the rest of the afternoon before my flight.

Landed at 7:45PM on Sunday and got picked up by JST (friend from college who also works at the same company as me). Thanks to him for the ride to and from the Burbank airport! :D

And that evening, I also decided to tell CAAJ of my alternative lifestyle. She was very accepting! Thank lord! CAAJ felt she was totally in the dark and such but I explained to her the reason to my madness and she conceeded it made sense. Now that I'm out to her, it's great cause she's willing to help me find Mr. Right and be my wingwoman! Hopefully we'll hit Rage in WeHo soon for their Asian night! :D

It is now 1:17AM and I should head to bed. Not to mention I'm jumping back onto the fitness wagon! I ran a little over a mile today at the park near work before I went over to a coworkers pad to catch Planet Earth, the new Discovery Channel series presented in HD. It was a fuckin' visual overload! Some awesome camera work and shots! Amazing indeed! Anyways, next up: hanging out with BFoR's Sister, her arm candy, and BFoL! :D

fI

No comments: